Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Heard There Was A Speech Today, Given By The Leader Of Our Country. How Fared He?

Actually, I saw it, and I'm glad I did. It was typically brilliant.

It's so good to have a President that talks to me instead of at me. I'd forgotten like that's like.

My favorite part was the views of Republicans sitting there line little kids with stern looks on their faces, still getting used to the fact that someone took their ball away. Nice PR, guys!

In a statement I wish he'd said, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Naturally), stated that "We've had a full airing of the President's policies, and we are sure that we have him right where he wants us."

In a related story, Louisiana Gov Bobby "Teleprompter" Jindal delivered a Republican response that was forgotten about as fast as it was delivered, except by FOX News.

I'd also like to say that I'm in full support of Jindal/Palin 2012 (Or Palin/Jindal, if you prefer. Makes little difference)! You can just hand 'em talking points and send 'em off. They'll save ya money!

All I've got are plaudits, so here's some links I found speaking much more deeply on it than I did:
  • Chuck Butcher, who really takes Gov Teleprompter out behind the woodshed
  • The Rev Currie, who applauds the speech while raising the bar. I remember when all pastors used to be like him.
  • Blue Oregon, where Gov Jindal got his new name and Rep Earl tweets!.
  • Preemptive Karma, where they have the text of Senator Merkley's reaction to the President's speech. Not only am I prouder than ever to say I voted Obama and Merkley, it just feels good to say "Senator Merkley".

No comments:

Post a Comment