Friday, January 30, 2009

An Oregonian. A Leftie. Another Damn Poliblogger

There are some things I'd like to put on the table, right off the bat here.

There are eight billion poliblogs out there. This is yet another. I intend on being sparkling and scintillating and brilliant, because that's just the way I am. It's inborn.

I am a native Oregonian, about MYOB years old, who was born and has lived his entire life in the Willamette Valley ... pretty much the best place in the entire benighted world.

I am a liberal. You bet, the "L" word. I've watched as time has gone on and Oregonians have mostly preserved and partially trashed it, but Oregon herself has stayed pretty much intact, though I wonder for how long.

I don't like the Republican party. The Republican party is an organization that strives to limit your rights and freedoms, particularly your Constitutionally-assured right to the pursuit of happiness, while telling people that they are, in fact, doing the precise opposite. One of the things I hope to do is to figure out why some of you foolish people continue to believe them.

Seriously, they just pay lip service. You guys need to wake up.

This blog is anonymous. I'm not, however, out to slime anyone or pull a Robert Canfield on anyone. I have been a reader of Portland, Oregon blogs for a great long time, and watched with vicarious trepidation as he shot himself in the foot over and over and over again in a slander campaign against the somehow-appointed dean of Portland Bloggers, Bojack The Man.

I think there is a way to be anonymous and to gore some oxen that badly need it, and maybe be a little rude and blunt, but without openly insulting anyone or threatening thier livelihoods. Free speech is a bitch, y'all. And that too is something I'd like to explore.

I want to make fun of the Republican party.

Of the above, all may or may not be true. The only thing I will guarantee is that I'm an actual Oregonian, and I live in Portland.

Let the travesty begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment